Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, December 27, 2013

Good morning Vietnam - Cu Chi Tunnels

2013 December, The Long Trip - Vietnam - Cu Chi Tunnels

From Ho Chi Minh City are many tours to Cu Chi Tunnels. They're not so expensive but you need to follow a group. There is an option to go there by yourselves.
From the bus terminal located between Phan Ngu Lao and Le Lai street near the crossing with Ton Th Tung you need to take a bus number 13 which costs 6,000 VND (0.2e). At the last stop at Cu Chi you need to take another bus no. 79 which costs 7,000 VND (0.24e). The journey should take around 1,5 - 2,5 hours one way as it is 70 km from the city.
There are two places where you can see tunnels. I visited the one which is near the last stop - Ben Duoc Tunnel. 


Map which should help you to get there.
The ticket costs 90,000 VND (3.1e) and there is a huge area to visit. Firstly, I went to the tunnels. I waited for a guided tour and we were only 12 people. It started with an old propaganda movie about how Vietnam is good and US bad. For the first 5 minutes it was fun to watch it but the movie was too long.
Our guide told about 200 km tunnels but we saw less than 100 meters in total. The first one was a new one, the second one very short  and tiny and the third one the longest one - around 30 meters. The next time I need to go and see the second place, Ben Dinh Tunnel. On the way back I stopped bus no 79 at a junction, I paid for my ticket, then I changed it for bus no 13 and returned to the city.
It was a long day but it was better to it on my own than with a tour.



Here to stop and follow the bike:-)

On the right - a gate to the tunnels


Movie

It is time to go:-)


Still a lot of space

The new tunnel












Event 







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts