Tulacz by ALMANAK

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Temple day

2013 December, The Long Trip - Thailand, Phuket

I had a direct flight from Singapore to Phuket in Thailand. I landed after 9 pm so I took a taxi to the city centre. I used O-Meter taxi - they charged 100 THB for the airport service and I paid 500 THB to the driver as the meter showed. I stayed in Win Backpackers which is located near the fountain in the city of Phuket.
In the morning, I rented a scooter, what cost me 200THB for a day and I went to see some temples.
The first place was a view point with Big Buddha near Chalong. The last part of the road was steep and my scooter almost died there:-) On the way I saw many elephants as they offered elephant trekking here.
Once on the top of the hill with the Big Buddha you can enjoy picturesque views of the island, the Kata beach, some hills around and the Buddha too. The entrance is free but you can leave a donation or buy souvenirs.
The next stop was at Wat Chalong. Temples here are colorful and consists of a few buildings. It is the largest and the most visited buddhist temple on Phuket. From time to time, I heart loud explosions of firecrackers. They explained me that this is one of the ways to make a merit.
I also visited one hidden temple near Heroines Monument as it was on the way to Wat Phra Nang Sang.
Wat Phra Nang Sang is the oldest temple in Phuket but it is under construction and its design includes both Chinese and Thai mythology.
The last temple was Wat Srisoonthorn, on the way to airport. This temple is a temple of relaxing buddha:-) Not so famous but a really nice.
Great information about all temples you will find here:
http://www.phuket101.net/2012/06/phuket-temples-and-wats.html


My new transport only 200THB/day


On the way to Big Buddha - elephant trekking



Big Buddha



Inside the Big Buddha


Welcome to Wat Chalong

Wat Chalong


Wat Chalong, funeral ...

... and wedding at the same time:-)




Traffic

Hello Kitty :-)

A hidden temple



Wat Srisoonthorn

Wat Srisoonthorn


Wat Srisoonthorn

Wat Phra Nang Sang


Wat Phra Nang Sang



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts