Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cambodia, Boat to Angkor

2013 December, The Long Trip - Cambodia, Boat trip




It was only 10 minutes walk to the pier from where my boat departed. I bought a ticket for 20USD via my hostel.
The scheduled time for the boat was 7:00 am but it departed later:-)
I bought some baguettes and water as the trip was about 8 hours long. They told me that if the level of the river is low it could take even 13 hours. We went with the river not against it so it was ok.
The day was perfect but benches weren't so comfortable:-) They allowed people to use the roof - a perfect viewpoint on the river and huts but the sun could hurt.
The river was full of fishing nets and our captain tried not to destroy any. During 8 hours we saw a few of floating villages and a lot of fisherman. There was a school and children paddled boats to school.


When the boat arrived in Siem Reap, tuktuk drivers attacked people from the boat. I paid for my ride to the town 3 USD, probably too much.
I stayed in the Garden Village hostel which is a big one and I am sure that there are many more with the same price. This one was suggested by friend of mine.

Ferry terminal:-)


Fisherman


Fisherman

Laundry service

On the roof





Toilet on my boat


Temple












Floating Village











Temple

Going (paddling) to school



The captain


Almost in Siem Reap

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts