Tulacz by ALMANAK

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cambodia - a sunrise in Angkor Wat

2013 December, The Long Trip - Cambodia, Angkor Wat

After 5 am I was in Angkor Wat to see the sunrise. There were a lot of tuk tuks. When I got to the spot near the small pond there were a lot of people. I managed to find myself near the pond:-) This time sunrise wasn't so spectacular as there were too many clouds. I visited Angkor Wat and followed a big circle. Once more I visited Ta Prohm, then Eastern Mebon with statues of elephants, Prasat Ta Som, Prasat Preah Neak Pean surrounded by a pond. I also went to Phnom Bakheng which should be also good for a sunrise. It's situated on a hill. Elephants rides for 20 usd are available if you don't want to climb it up. 
Following the big circle I didn't meet as many people as on the small one. That's why I really enjoyed it.


Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat - people waiting for sunrise 
Rice





Thomanon

Thomanon


Ta Prohm


Ta Prohm


Ta Prohm




Prasat Ta Som

Eastern Mebon and my ticket

Eastern Mebon





Prasat Preah Neak Pean

Prasat Preah Neak Pean

View from Phnom Bakheng

Angkor Wat

A scooter for the whole family :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts