Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, December 20, 2013

Cambodia - a sunrise in the temple

2013 December, The Long Trip, Cambodia - Siem Reap 

Although, a lot of tuk tuk drivers offered their service I chose to use bicycle instead. Temples are not too far. 3 days ticket costs 40 USD and its valid for 5 days. You can choose 3 random days in 5 days period. They take a photo of you and you are free to visit this amazing place. The ticket office is open from 5 am so if you wish to see a sunrise on the first day you can do that.
It is a huge area with a lot of ruined temples. The first day I visited Bayon temple which is incredible. It is located inside a huge area surrounded by a wall. There are four gates and four roads to this complex.
I will try to provide only a few pictures from each temple I visited. Bayon is known because of faces carved on each tower. Many more temples built in the same style can be found across the complex.
The same day I visited temples on the Elephant Terrace. Prasat Ta Prohm is amazing with a lot of trees and branches. For the sunset I went to Prasat Pre Rup.

On the way



Bayon temple

Bayon temple



Bayon temple


Phimeanakas

Elephant Terrace

Elephant Terrace


Phimeanakas




Prasat Ta Prohm

Prasat Ta Prohm


Prasat Ta Prohm



Prasat Ta Prohm



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts