Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Cambodia - Phnom Penh

2013 December, The Long Trip - Cambodia, Phnom Penh

From Siem Reap I took a night bus to Phnom Penh. It was a sleeping bus - an old one with not enough room for my legs. I am a tall guy :-)
It was a fast ride. In the morning I was in the capital city. My hostel Eighty8 was located 20 minutes walk from the bus stop.
It wasn't a cheap one but clean and with good reviews. It was hard to find here a cheap and clean one.
I decided not stay for a long time here - just to apply for Vietnamese visa, see the city and arrange transport to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in Vietnam.
I read that visa to Vietnam costs 60 USD and my hostel offered arranging it for 61 USD. It was a good deal, they didn't need any forms - just passports, one photo and 61 USD.
I gave my passport in the afternoon and the following evening I had my visa.
The city centre was in a walking distance from my hostel. 
On the Monivong street is Canadian bank which ATMs allows cash withdrawals with no extra fee.
The Royal Palace is open from 2 pm and nearby are parks and the Independence Monument as well as the National Museum. Wat Phnom is worth visitting.
Tuk tuk to the centre cost max 2 USD.


Inside my sleeping bus



Wedding photo session

Independence Monument



Near the Royal Palace


Royal Palace - local transport


Royal Palace


Royal Palace




Hair stylist - salon on the street


Local cargo terminal





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts