Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Singapore - a day trip

2013 November, The Long Trip - Singapore

I did one mistake, I didn't read any review of my new accommodation. I booked it for 2 nights in City Backpackers @ Kallang but it was a really disgusting place. I would not recommend it to anyone . I also witnessed a situation when an old receptionist tried to avoid paying back a security deposit of 10 SGD.
I left my luggage and went to the city. Singapore is modern and well connected well with subway.




Marina Bay was the first place I visited to see the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. This incredible building has a swimming pool on the 'boat' on the top. I walked around, visited Merlion and went to the China Town. Everything was within a walking distance for me. What is worth saying is that the best means of transport is MRT (a kind of subway). The ticket is valid for up to trips but you need to top it up each time before you get on the train. The cheapest fare was 1.3 SGD and the most expensive was 2.3 SGD. 
Near the China Town is Sri Mariamman Temple. It was open and they charged me 3 SGD for camera use as I took some photos inside. It was a colorful Indian temple. The next temple I visited was a buddhist one. That day I also went to Little India. Unfortunately, a temple there was being renovated so I only walked on streets and went to one electronic market nearby. 
In the evening I visited marina once more as on 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm there was an amazing light and music show.


Marina Bay Hotel



Merlion

China Town

Sri Mariamman Temple












I wish to...

Little India







Little India - Guided Tour:-)

Marina Bay, the evening show









1 comment:

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts