Tulacz by ALMANAK

Monday, January 13, 2014

Mausoleum Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi

2014 January, The Long Trip - Vietnam, Hanoi

During my first day in Hanoi I decided to visit the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh which is free of charge. On the way I spotted Lenin monument where I stopped for a while. There was a queue to the Mausoleum but everything went quite fast. They checked my camera and deposited it but all my mobiles and small camera was still in my pocket. I couldn't stop inside, I had to walk slowly around the person laying inside. There were a few soldiers inside so no chance to take a photo. Outside the building was a place from where I collected my camera. One is able to take pictures from that point.
Near the Mausoleum is One Pillar Pagoda, a very small pagoda. For me, everything was within a walking distance so I went for a small walk around the Old Quarter. Like everywhere in Vietnam if they see tourists they see US Dollars and it isn't nice especially for backpackers. There is a chance that soon they will pay the price for it as a lot of people exchange information how to avoid being deceived by them. 

How does it work?




Lenin


Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum


One Pillar Pagoda



Hanoi by night



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts