Tulacz by ALMANAK

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DMZ trip from Hue

2013 December, The Long Trip - Vietnam, DMZ

I visited DMZ in South Korea and I was curious how Vietnamese DMZ looks like. I checked online reviews of trips. All of them were clear at one point, most of the time you spend on the bus. The best option is to rent a car with driver. Unfortunately, if you don't have a group to travel with it might be too expensive and it was for me. I decided to take a tour and was ready for long time on the bus. The trip cost me 310,000.00 VND (11e). The following day, they picked me up from my hotel at 7 am. If you decided to have breakfast included, your trip would have started at 6.00 am. It took 30 minutes to pick up the rest of the group from their hotels. The first stop was around 10 am in a local restaurant in Dong Ha where our guide joined us. After another 40 minutes ride we stopped near The Rockpile where US Marine had a look out. Now you see only a Vietnamese flag. The next stop was after 10 minutes and it was a village with ethnic people. We stopped on the road from where  we were allowed to take pictures. It was like a ZOO and they should stop doing it. Another stop was near the river on the Dakrong Bridge. The last stop before lunch in Dang Ha was the Khe Sanh Combat base. It was the first point worth stopping but this is only my opinion. It used to be an old US Marines base. Nowadays, there is a museum and some US tanks, helicopters and a plane displayed. The lunch wasn't included so I went to other bar to eat something as my group was a big one.
After lunch it was time for the main attraction, the Vinh Moc Tunnels. The entrance fee was 20,000.00 VND (0.7e) included in the tour price. There are several entrances and it has 3 levels. Make sure you see the entrance number 10 but please note that it might be slippery and wet. We spent there only 40 minutes. The last stop was a military cemetery. If someone decides to organize a tour visitting the US base and the tunnels only, it would be much better trip.
I was back in my hotel around 7 pm.

The Rockpile


The village


The village and my group





Shall I send it for photography competition?


US Marines base






:-) 


Vinh Moc Tunnels


Vinh Moc Tunnels - map of tunnels

Vinh Moc Tunnels - inside




Vinh Moc Tunnels- entrance no 10

Vinh Moc Tunnels - view from entrance no 10

Vinh Moc Tunnels :-) Buy something from me?

Vinh Moc Tunnels - entrance

Cementry guard

Millitary Cementry



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts