Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bangkok - Wat Arun and visa to Burma

2014 January, The Long Trip - Thailand - Bangkok,

I had a flight from Hanoi to Bangkok (BKK). As my guesthouse was near the Hua Lamphong train station I took the airport link train to Makkasan Station for 35 THB (0.8e) and then I changed it for MRT to Hua Lamphong Station which cost me another 28 THB (0.62e).
In Bangkok I applied for visa to Burma (Myanmar). The same day visa costs 1,260.00 THB (28.10e), the next day visa costs 1,010.00 THB (22.52e) and the visa which is ready on the third working day costs 850.00 THB (18.96e). All you need is 2 passport photos and a copy of your passport. The form to fill is provided.
On the other side of the river is Wat Arun, one of the main attraction in the city. I took a boat but a wrong one and eventually, I walked on the bridge to get there:-) Boats are marked with colourful flags depending on their destinations which is helpful.
Near there palace I noticed scamers who told me that palace is open from 3 pm. In fact, it was open till 3 pm. They offered me their tour instead. As it is written on the wall, the palace is open every day so do not trust those people.

Burma embassy in Bangkok




Wat Arun


Wat Arun


Wat Arun











Scam in Bangkok


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts