Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Way to Krabi and Railay

2014 January, The Long Trip - Thailand, Krabi

I took a night train to Surat Thani at 22:30. In Bangkok they offered me also a bus ticket from Surat Thani to Krabi but I decided to buy it once I arrive to Surat Thani. My ticket cost 608.00 THB (13.50e).
The train station was situated 13km from the city. When I arrived after 7 am I found a local bus to the city centre for 20 THB (0.45e). From a bus stop named Tasat Kalet 2 run buses and minivans to Krabi.
If you have a chance - take a minivan. I missed one for 180 THB (4.00e). The others were for 200 THB or 250 THB. A governmental bus to Krabi cost 150 THB (3.33e) and it stopped in one tourist agency 4 km from Krabi town instead of a bus station. The way from Surat Thani took me 4 hours. If I took the minivan it would have taken less time to the city centre.
The best option to get from Bangkok to Krabi is either by plane or by direct night bus.
The following day I took a boat from Krabi town to Railay Bay for 150 THB (3.33e) one way. The place was full of people but I managed to find a spot for myself.
West Railay beach is recommended but I stayed too long and snorkeled around so I didn't get there. It's a good place for snorkelling but it is mostly visited for rock climbing.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts