Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Green Turtles in Hikkaduwa

2014 February, The Long Trip - Sri Lanka, Hikkaduwa



It was a perfect day for snorkeling in Hikkaduwa. I was surprised that the water was so clear. One local guy pointed me out a place with a coral reef and  a green turtle. It was an incredible experience as the turtle wasn't afraid of people at all. Later, I discovered that local people feed him. The reef is small but water was very clear. I saw an Oriental Sweet Lips Fish and other species. There is another place near one of the resorts where they feed turtles on the beach. You can see 2 or 3 turtles. They offer catamaran trips to see corals near rocks. They asked me for around 3000 LKR (16.72e) for one hour trip - the last price for me was 1500 LKR (8.36e) but I am pretty sure that they could do it for 1000 LKR (5.57e). I also think that if you are a good swimmer and have companion you could try to swim to the rocks on your own. It wasn't so far.


A green turtle


Orangelined Tringerfish

Peacock Grouper 

Picasso fish

Oriental Sweet lips fish

A new reef





Me and a Green Turtle





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts