Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, October 4, 2013

2013 October Long Trip - China, old Hangzhou

2013 October - Long Trip - China, old Hangzhou

I planned to visit an old city near Hangzhou. Unfortunately, all train tickets were sold out.I spotted an old bridge and old streets marked on my map. 
The map is good enough to find a bus stop and bus numbers too. I took underground to Zhalongou station and a bus number 47. The bus ticket was 1RMB - they accept only coins, it's self-serviced bus, no change given. After 10 min on the bus I saw my bridge. I stopped at the next bus stop. 
The Gongchen Bridge is located on the Great Canal. It was built in 1631. It is the city's longest and highest stone arch bridge. The Grand Canal is the world's oldest and longest mam-made waterway.
Nearby people were selling food and there was a small street market too. That time I tried a coconut juice.
I visited some historical streets but they didn't impress me at all. In the centre is the West Lake Cultural Square. I thought that there would be something interesting. Unfortunately, it was only a square near the impressive high building. 
I found there a museum of natural history but it was already closed. The centre is full of shops. The gold is cheap here but I'm not sure about its quality.


Near Gongchen Bridge




Great Canal

Great Canal

Gongchen Bridge

Gongchen Bridge





Gongchen Bridge small business

Toys 
Gongchen Bridge

Great Canal

Gongchen Bridge





Near Xiangji Temple

Xiangji Temple

Xiangji Temple

Xiangji Temple

Great Canal

How they life

West Lake Cultural Square

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts