Tulacz by ALMANAK

Sunday, October 13, 2013

2013 October Long Trip - China Sichuan Opera

Long trip, China, Sichuan Opera Night

Face changing is the most characteristic feature of the Sichuan Opera which I enjoyed last night. The trick is still a secret. Masks were made out of elastic fabric and it seems they wore layers of masks on their faces, removing one after another but I might be wrong. Shadow puppets were part of the show as well as elements of ballet and circus tricks. 
Chengdu has several places to watch the show. According to my guidebook, each Saturday, you can see the opera show for 10 RMB. During a walk I found another place presenting it for 38 RMB at 16:00 ( Narrow Lane, no 31). I also saw a bar on the same street which seems to have a mini shows of face changing for their customers in the afternoon. I took the easiest option, my hostel booked me an opera ticket for 150 RMB which was an official price of the ticket at the place they took me. Unfortunately, I'm not able to describe where it was. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts