Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, October 3, 2013

2013 September Long Trip China - Hangzhou

Long Trip - China,  About Hangzhou

I should be on a train to Zhangjiajie. Unfortunately, tickets were sold out. I will stay few days longer in Hangzhou. 
In my hostel they told me an incredibly high price for room if I extend my stay there. I found another accommodation far away from this one, near the last underground station.
The city is huge, it took me more than 1h to get there. I lost the whole day and decided it will be the last one lost in such a way.
It was time to try some fruits. I found a dragon fruit which isn't a Chinese fruit but it was nice to try it. I also had a little bit of time to walk freely, with no map and attractions list.
It seems the Chinese government encourages people to healthy lifestyle. At least, a lot of information is provided.
Chinese people like gambling. I saw a lot of people playing cards on the street for money. When they have a chance they relax and rest.
Hangzhou has many options to rent a bicycle. A bicycle costs 10RMB per hour plus deposit, tandem bicycle costs 30RMB per hour. I saw bicycles for 3 and 4 people too but I don't know the price.
There are public bicycles too. To rent them you need to purchase an IC card. Small kiosks selling them can be found close to red city bicycle stations. The card costs 300RMB (200RMB deposit and 100RMB to use).
The first hour is always free so if you manage to change your bicycle before 1 hour you will have the bike for free. When you return your IC card they will give deposit plus money left from 100RMB.
You should ask them for map too as they have good and free maps of the lake area. The underground is cheap too but it is sometimes crowded. 




dragon fruit

dragon fruit

Street Market

toys

how to get rid of beer belly

gambling

time for rest

bicycles


bicycles

bicycles


recycling

new houses in Hangzhou

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts