Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2013 September Long Trip - China West Lake

Long Trip - China,  West Lake - 29th September

I decided to have a 'small' walk and see some pagodas.
The first one was near the hostel I stayed - Chenghung Pavilon. In the evening, it's seen from the city. The entrance fee to the whole complex is 30 RMB. It is enough to stay there for about an hour. The view wasn't impressive. As usual, everything was covered by smog.
Leifeng Pagoda was the next one on my list. I saw it mirroring in the lake last evening. It looked amazing.
The entrance fee is 40 RMB, a glass lift inside is included. Try to imagine an old pagoda built 1000 years ago with a modern lift inside:-)
A long queue to the lift wasn't any surprise. The view was good but the smog spoiled everything.
From the top I spotted the Three Pools - the pools refer to the three pear-shaped pagodas arranged in a triangle in the water.
http://www.chinatouronline.com/china-travel/hangzhou/hangzhou-attractions/Three-Pools-Mirroring-the-Moon_986.html

It was my next destination.
On the way, I saw many small wooden boats waiting for tourists. Small boats can take up to 6 people, usually 4. 
The ride costs 150 RMB so if you manage to find a companion you will pay less. Even though I don't speak Chinese, I managed to join a Chinese couple and paid less than 150 RMB.
National Holidays starts soon, a lot of Chinese flags on teh streets.


Chenghung Pavilon

Chenghung Pavilon

inside Chenghung Pavilon


Leifeng Pagoda




Leifeng Pagoda

Leifeng Pagoda



Leifeng Pagoda - lift inside

Three Pools








Three Pools

Three Pools






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts