Tulacz by ALMANAK

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2013 October Long Trip- China, train to Chengdu

2013 October Long Trip- China, train to Chengdu


The easiest option to get from Hangzhou or Shanghai to Chengdu would be flying. Th second option is to take a train. I took it - a hard sleeper for 500RMB, 50 hours - a flight would take 3h only. 

I took the Transyberian train some time ago and wanted to check how trains in China work.
I was at the train station 1 hour before departure and saw a huge crowd waiting for my train. All kind of people - elegant ones, with massive amount of different kinds of baggage. Girls wore usually nice clothes. All families with small childrens. The train had xXx with seats, hard sleepers xxx and soft sleepers which were the most expensive. Each xXx had his own staff and hot drinking water. My station was the last one - 35th. On each station they either sold instant noodles or ready to eat cold meals. They had drinks and snacks too.

They took my ticket and gave a plastic one.

From the train window the country looked like it is under construction. Everywhere they built something. Mostly roads (bridges) high blocks of flats or small houses and tunnels.
At night, one of cities was illuminated like 'Las Vegas', a lot of neons or colourful led huge adds on buildings. 


All the time other passengers were observing me, looking at me but rarely smiling. After 1 day some of them tried to have some conversation with me. They spoke in Chinese, me in English or Polish and conversations ended. One policeman often checked if I keep my personal belongings out of view.       

Before my station they gave me back my ticket and took the plastic one.  


my train

huge crowd waiting for my train


my train


On the way



On the way inside the train

Under contruction



On the way - food






On the way - food




On the way - break








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts