Tulacz by ALMANAK

Saturday, November 23, 2013

2013 November, The Long Trip - Palau day 04

2013 November, The Long Trip - Palau, The Rock Island and Giant Clams



It was the last day in Palau, I booked a trip to the Rock Islands and Giant Clam City. As usually they picked me up from my hostel and we went to one resort. A lot o people was waiting but soon I discovered that my trip would be for 4 people only. The Japanese couple was with me on the tour to the Jellyfish Lake.
Firstly, we went to see Giant Clams. I expected to see a lot of them. They were really big and I saw a lot. More tours joined us  but as the guide was relaxed and flexible we spent a little more time at that spot.









I asked him about Ulong Island, a place where Survivor was shot and he decided to have lunch there.
Our tour was the first one there and we had time for ourselves. I found a coconut and our guide opened it for me. It was fun to drink the milk on such a nice island. Captain Wilson landed here 10th August 1873.


Ulong Island

Willson monument

Ulong Island










After lunch we had a good spot for snorkeling and a tour around the Rocks Islands.
When we asked about any wreck nearby they were happy to go there and show one of them to us it was American Bomber.
This tour cost 80 USD and was done by RITC. Lunch was delicious and people great.
After the trip I had time to send postcards and once more, I snorkeled at the Long Island Recreation Area.





Clam




Japanese chanel



American Bomber wreck


Long Island Recreation Area

Long Island Recreation Area

Long Island Recreation Area


At the airport one needs to pay a departure fee of 50 USD, I asked the border control officer if he could do anything that I would have stayed longer but he couldn't help me:-)

The fee if you want to go home :-)

I will try to visit this place once more as there is much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts