Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, November 21, 2013

2013 November, The Long Trip - Palau day02

2013 November, The Long Trip - Palau, an active day




A day before I booked my trip with Impac - Jelly Fish Lake plus kayaking which cost me 95USD as I did it online http://www.palau-impac.com/english/index.html
booking via their website gave me 5% discount.
They picked me up from my motel at 8 am and we went to the office. I paid for my tour and I bought a Jellyfish Lake permit which cost 100USD and was valid for 10 days.
There is also Rock Island Permit for 50USD (valid only for Rock Islands) - my was valid for Rock Islands and the JellyFish Lake.
We were a group of around 20 people and 90% of it were Japanese. For the rest they provided a separate guide - it was nice to have a private guide:-)



Part of my group


The first place we saw it was the Milkyway Lagoon. An extremely nice place for women as there is a glacial white claylike mud. You can dive to reach the mud or wait for staff to provide it - they had a bucket and collected mud for us. Everything was done on the boat - everybody smeared it on bodies. It was easy to clear ourselves by jumping into the water. When everybody was in the water they cleaned our boat so our clothes were wet too. 


Milkyway Lagoon



Milkyway Lagoon - bussy place

The next stop was snorkeling somewhere on the Pacific Ocean. They provided all equipment (a mask with a pipe and fins). We should have had kayaking but the sea level was low so we went for a lunch to one of a paradise island. Nearby, it was another good place for snorkeling where we could play with fish.


snorkeling - Pennant Bannerfish






snorkeling - Orangestriped Triggerfish


The lunch was good. On the island was a picnic area and a rest room. Many tour stopped there for lunch.


After lunch

snorkeling - Blackback Butterflyfish

snorkeling - Barracuda but not sure

Afterwards, it was time for kayaking. The English guide tried to avoid crowd and we tried to escape from the Japanese group. We visited a place where usually sting rays rests. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to see them. The place was magical. When we paddled, I felt like discovering a new place:-)
When we finished I saw a Japanese girl - she did kayaking wearing high heels:-) 


Kayaking





Kayaking :-)


The last point of our trip was the Jellyfish Lake.
This is one of the 7 nature miracles of the world. There are millions of jellyfish but you will not feel anything when they touch you. The lake has no predators. Unfortunately, you can't dive as if you reach 15 m deep you could die.
They check permits before the entrance. Some stairs up and another 5 minutes going down. The path is narrow so if someone is going back it is hard to pass him.
We were the first ones from our group so we had a little more time there:-)
When I got into water I didn't saw any jellyfish but my guide told me to follow him. After a short distance I saw the first one and another and more and more.
It was a strange feeling as I knew that they couldn't hurt me. Despite my knowledge I was try to keep some distance - but they were everywhere and the fun started.
It was another amazing experience in my life. I saw a lot of jellyfish and I felt fantastic there.


Stairs up to Jellyfish lake

Jellyfish






Jellyfish Lake - near this place I saw a lot



Jellyfish Lake


Jellyfish lake and checking point

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts