Tulacz by ALMANAK

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan and transportation in Philippines

2013 November, The Long Trip - Philippines

My flight form Palau was at night.I landed in Manilla at Terminal 1 and my flight to Puerto Princesa was in the morning from Terminal 4.
The Terminal 1 is open 24 hours but it is not a good place to stay overnight. I found a shuttle bus to T4 - when you have connection flight it is free of charge, if not you need to pay 20 PHP. T4 is better than T1 and it is possible to 'sleep' there. Wii-fi is working quite well. If you don't wish to stay at the airport DG Budget is near T4. 


Not good news

At restaurant - Manila airport

at Manila airport - a restaurant

an airport shutle transport

A shower welcomed me in Puerto Princesa but it was warm. Inside the Capitol building I found a tourist information as well as at the airport (outside the main building). They were well prepared and gave me all directions to the Underground River, Honda Bay and El Nido.
Typhoon Haiyan did a big damage in the country few days earlier. People were busy with packing all necessary supplies to people in need. The building was full of boxes.


Puerto Princesa - Ryanair should do the same - much cheaper than a bus:-)

Puerto Princesa




There is one shop owned by the Chinese. Their employees have active breaks during working hours. I saw them twice dancing in the shop.


The public transport doesn't exist. You can rent a motorbike or use a tricycle or Jeepney for longer routes. Jeepneys are old military cars used by US when they were here. A tricycle is a motorbike with a room for passengers. I saw 7 people traveling inside one tricycle.
Of course, they have special prices for tourists. If you know how much you should pay, just stop one, tell them your destination. When you arrive pay and walk away. Other option is to tell your price and wait until you find one who accepts it. Sometimes I waited 10 minutes but got my price for a ride.


Tricycle

Tricycle

Jeepney


 A bay walk


 Bicycle hire




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts