Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 November, The Long Trip - Japan, Nagoya

2013 November, The Long Trip - Japan, Nagoya

This time I took a day bus with small screens to watch movies and play Japanese games. 

As it was holiday, the day pass for subway and buses cost only 600JPY.
I went to the castle, the entrance fee 500JPY. Inside, some events took place. One was a Samurai show but it wasn't anything special for me.
The Hommaru Palace is being reconstructed at the moment. One part is ready and I visited it for free. Two parts are still under construction but I saw the process as they provided a tour to see the works.
It is a restoration of a typical example of Japanese traditional architecture called 'shoin-zukuri'. Inside are replicated screen paintings, the roof is covered with kokera shingles - Japanese cedar or other wood that has been cut into sheets about 3 millimetres thick.

Nearby is a Toyota museum and Toyota City. 

Near the port is an aquarium. I went there to walk around.


The castle

The Hommaru Palace



The Hommaru Palace under construction







Dog - Samurai








Nagoya Port



One special shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts