Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, September 13, 2013

2013 September Long Trip NZ Whale

Long Trip – Day 8 Kaikoura September 2013



In the morning I collected my car from the airport – this time I decided to do relocate a car for one of the rental companies. They gave me a car free of charge and I have 2 days to transport it to Dunedin (If you want full insurance you need to pay for it). As it has unlimited mileage I visited Kaikoura and saw whales. It is almost 200 km from Christchurch. The trip took me almost 3 hours. The last cruise is at 12:45 (introduction movie was shown around 1 pm and boarding was at 1:15pm). I had 10% discount with a voucher found in the brochure at the airport in Auckland. The cruise was for almost 3h and it was an amazing experience. I saw two whales and some Hector dolphins. The crew knew where to go and when we saw it they told when we should have prepared for the most amazing moments.
I was surprised as we were near the coast, around 20 meters from the beach at the Goose Bay. It is around 10km from the city on the way to Christchurch. In the information they told me that it is possible to see dolphins in the morning from the beach. 

It was quite an expensive experience 145NZ$ without discount but it was worth the price. In Kaikoura I visited fish&chips bar and on the way to the car I was chased by some see birds. 
In the evening, I went back to Christchurch.



In Christchurch after strong wind


My room


Lets see a sperm whale


Sperm whale




Sperm whale going down



Dolphin


Dolphins





Someone follow me

Many of them

Goose Bay

I love my Canon :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts