Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013 September Long Trip NZ Wellington

Long Trip – Day 7 Wellington September 2013


New Zealand capital city is famous because of a film studio which worked on the Lord of the Ring and Hobbit movies. I-SITE provides a map of movie locations and favourite bars and restaurants of actors. Generally, it’s problematic to find free parking, the cheapest option, I found, was near the museum on the public parking 3NZ$/h. There is one place with free 2 hours parking on the Oriental street (not at the beginning) around 15 min walk from museum.
I visited museum (Te Papa) as I really wanted to visit the earthquake house. It is a free of charge (free wi-fi), modern museum with many interactive activities for children. They told me that 2 hours for the museum won’t be enough but for me it was just perfect.

Near the airport, in Miramar District, is a place called Weta Cave, where most of equipment was made for many movies shot in New Zealand.
The plane had a small delay as the wind was extremely strong. Finally, I took off and after 45 minutes landed in Christchurch. 2 hours free internet is available at the airport. I was quite lucky as all planes to Wellington were cancelled due to weather condition. Unfortunately, a cabin I booked in a holiday park, had no electricity and water as the night before a big thunderstorm destroyed many tries and electric cables.


Te Papa museum earthquake room 

Te Papa museum earthquake room 


Te Papa museum - meeting house



Te Papa museum outside bush


Te Papa museum 

Wellington




Weta Cave


Wellington airport


Wellington airport


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts