Tulacz by ALMANAK

Friday, May 20, 2011

2009 April - Australia


‘PUFFING BILLY’ Train
I need to let you know that my main base was Melbourne so I came back for the weekend to Melbourne and went to visit places near this big city. They have good public transport. The train took me to Belgrave where is the 'Puffing Billy’ Train Station. 



The old train is going from Belgrave to Gembrook and at the end there is a museum of piccolo trains. The way is really amazing and you need all day to have good time and don’t be in a hurry. 



This one hundred old years train is in an excellent condition, everything is so old but still working well. The train is not going fast so you can enjoy your time inside and watch beautiful landscapes.



In Gembrook I decided to see this train museum where were many small old and new trains. The landscape model was really huge and everything was moving. 



It was a good experience to see this place, everything was controlled by one man. In this museum not only model trains were moving, there were carousels, cabin cables, cars, buses. It looks like few villages with lakes and mountains.


The old train is going on the mountain range in the forest and near the Tom's Railway. In the forest are big ferns and there is old wooden bridge, everything is very details and you feel like  moved back to the 19th century. Travel was really funny because people could sit on the windows’ railings.




On the way back in the forest I saw a black kangaroo but you need to have a good eye and zoom out the picture below.



Phillip Island
Another day I had a trip to Phillip Island where is a small park with Koalas and for sure you would have the opportunity to see the koalas there. 



There was a path on the platforms about 3 meters above the ground so I walked near the Eucalyptus trees’ branches. The first koala was sleeping in a strange positions, the second one was trying to catch an eucalyptus leaf from the top of the tree and he balanced incredibly on this small branch.




All they life they eat eucalyptus leafs and sleep - that's my opinion. I stayed in this park for an hour and one of the koalas decided to go down. We were looking at each other and I had a good opportunity to pat this small bear.



Another place on this small island is at the end of the island where every night penguins come back from the sea - there is a special event and a possibility to see this incredible spectacle. 




Every day when is a sunset many of wild Little Penguins come back from the sea and parade across the beach to sand dune burrows. There were special walk platforms for people and when I was walking around I saw few penguins retracted under this platforms. Probably they decided to stay there all day or maybe they weren’t so strong to go to the sea. 




But I didn’t have enough time to stay there because I wanted to come back to Melbourne to see the first competition of Formula 1 with Robert Kubica - the Polish driver.

FORMULA 1 in Melbourne
This evening was really busy for me. In the evening in Melbourne started the first elimination of Formula 1 with our Polish driver. 



For me it was the first time to see such kind of events. The race was around Albert Park Lake.
And for sure that was something really amazing. Of course, the noise of the cars was so strong and when the cars were near me I couldn't hear anything, then my ears needed a while to adapt to silence and I started to try listening speakers and then cars were close to me so it was noisy again.



Although it was inconvenient , everything else was well organised and I was really satisfied that I was there. Unfortunately, 2 laps before the end Kubica had an accident and didn't finish this competition but at the end everybody could go to the track and I saw the place where Kubica’s accident happened.




Of course, at the end all fans were waiting for idols and walking everywhere with the teams flags. Some of them climbed on the barriers and security guards must have intervened. The atmosphere was really friendly. And what is important there was enough time to walk everywhere, see some events, eat something and all the time knew what was happening during the race.

Gold Mine in Ballarat
My last week I spent traveling in Victoria state. I was all day in a Gold Mine Museum in Ballarat.




That is an excellent place for adults and whole family. There are all day some events and animators take so you won’t be bored. They are really well prepared for the job.



 
You can take a tour to an underground mine or they will teach you how to search for gold in the stream. Sometimes someone opens fire to another one, a soldier could arrest you or you can play bowling in an old games room. Maybe you will find someone from your family who was wanted there.




If you find enough gold you can exchange it for some souvenirs. The small gold city is still vibrant, there are common shops, a forge and even undertakers. The whole small city looks like the time has stopped there ages ago.



At the end of my trip in State Victoria I was near Mallee Cliffs National Park and I found all dry salt lake on my way it was Lake Tyrrell. 







This time I was looking for a letter box because on the countryside they are really great. On the way back I stopped for a moment in Grampian Mountains.

Eureka Tower 
The last day in Melbourne I spent for saying ‘good bye’ to all my favorites places, I did some shopping on Queen Victoria Market and I was in the highest building in Melbourne, Eureka Tower which is 297.3 meter high. 



They started it in 2002 and finished in 2006. In 2006 it was the tallest building in the world and on 2011 it is on 69th position on the list. The view was spectacular. I saw how huge is this city and how high really I was standing there. 




You can walk around the building and have a spectacular view for all the city. One place has a special glass lift outside the building - if you pay extra of course.



Dubai
On my way back to Poland I had an opportunity to see the highest building in the world in Dubai but only from the plane and I saw the world - a construction which is still in progress on the sea near Dubai.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts