Tulacz by ALMANAK

Thursday, January 27, 2011

2010 December - Malta


Quammieh Point
One day in the beginning of December there was a day free of work in Malta. My friends decided to invite me for a small few hour walk trip. They have a car so at 10 am we went somewhere near Mellieha Bay.
You can get there buy bus no 45 from Valletta and in summer time there are so many tourists because here is one of good sandy beaches. 


But this time it wasn’t important for us. This time we also didn’t visit a Bird Sanctuary which is near the beach. We turned left on the way past the beach before the hill and went towards a sewage treatment plant where we left our car. We took a small footpath up the hill, then for about 200m we walked on the road to take another footpath going down. 


When we was near the sea the sun came out from behind the clouds it was so nice. We walked along the rocky coast and admired the sunken shells in the rocks. It is a nice place for a walk and also for climbing from water. 


There are few small boulders excellent for climbing. On the top there were dried layers of clay – probably when it’s raining the clay slips down creating a new landscape. This nice place is called a Quammieh Point and it is good for snorkeling too.


Christmas time
It was so different Christmas than this in Poland. It was hot, about 18 degrees and without snow. In our house we had guests so it was a nice time. When we walked around Qawra and Bugibba we found one very nice house.


It was all decorated and in the evening looked amazing and so pleasant, and it created the athmosphere. We had many walks there and always when we past this house we felt the Christmas atmosphere.


On the second day with our friends we decided to try a go-kart. We found one company near Ta-Qali and Mosta. Without a car it is a good idea to go by bus to Mosta and then walk to Ta-Qali. There are roads signs to Ta-Qali.
 

http://www.badger.com.mt/2007/pages/page.asp?id=2
It was a good and safe fun. We had there about 15min. it was enough. They have happy hours when it is cheaper and they accept Euro>26 cards.


A dream comes true
I am sure about it. At the end of December I had an amazing surprise – I was a second pilot in a small 4 person aircraft. That was about 30 min  long trial flight. 



What is important the instructor gave me chance to steer an aircraft which is not easy – you steer using pedals. My first task was to steer the aircraft following a yellow line. Normally it is easy when I drive a car, but steering an aircraft was difficult and It looked like as I was drunk – a zigzag ride. I had a headphones and heard whole communication with the navigation tower


Before starting, the instructor ask me if I wanted to take off. He gave me all instructions and I did it. Of course, it wasn’t a normal start because we started going zigzags, but I hope so that it was safe. 


While in the air, the instructor showed us some maneuvers and gave me some directions allowed me to fly. When I when I started to feel more confident in steering and when I was started doing more daring stunts the time was over and the instructor took the steering and landed.



That was my dream, maybe when I earn enough money I will start a pilot course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Flightdiary.net profile

Popular Posts